Young Statisticians Europe group (YSE)
Who we are?
In October 2018, more than 20 of these representatives from 8 European countries met for a workshop in Paris with the goal of enabling more networking, collaboration and communication among young statisticians in Europe.
The organizing committee consists of young representatives of different statistical association from all around Europe.
What are the goals of YSE?
- To support the creation of national communities, networks and societies for young statisticians.
- To provide a platform for networking and exchange between national young statisticians associations
- To promote joint research and academic collaboration on an international level
- To organize regional activities and events for young statisticians
- To connect statisticians across different subject areas and career paths
What we are doing?
- We organize annual events with scientific and administrative sessions. Romania organized the second meeting in Bucharest, 1-2 November 2019.
- We coordinate YoungStatS - the international blog and webinar project in statistics
- We organize some pre-events during international conferences. For example in useR!2019 held in Toulouse, France, from 9th to 12th July.
- We support the creation of new young statistical networks.
- We involve people from other countries to be part of the European group.
Who are welcome in YSE?
We include everyone that considers themselves to be "young statisticians" so for example, master's students, PhD students, postdocs and people in the early stages of their careers from academics or industry in the field of statistics.
If you want to get involved in the organizing committee of YSE, please contact us by email and write a few sentences about yourself.
Do you need more information?
For communication between the representatives from each country we have created a private facebook group.
For promoting our events we have created a Linkedin page